February 19, 2018
Dear St. Hugh community,
Let us refer to the scripture message of this month which states: “Wherever you go I will go, wherever you lodge, I will lodge, your people shall be my people, and your God my God (Ruth 1:16). The virtue of loyalty spreads throughout our lives in every relationship. We are all part of a team and we learn to stand up for each other.
May God bless you today, tomorrow, and always,
We appreciate your interest in Saint Hugh Catholic School.
Application for admission is as follows:
● Complete online application. A non refundable $75 application fee covers the application and entrance exam, if applicable.
● All students applying to Kindergarten through 8th grade must take the entrance exam.
● Entrance exam is scheduled for January 27, 2018 at 8:00 a.m. Students are to report to the school auditorium by no later than 7:45 A.M. Duration of the exam is approximately two hours.
● All students taking the exam must have the following documents uploaded to their application:
- Most recent report card from the current school year.
- Final report cards of the last two school years for students applying to second grade and up.
- Baptismal certificate
- Standardized test results from the last two years, when applicable.
- Family picture
● If unable to upload the documents, please email them to Mrs. De Castro at firstname.lastname@example.org. All required documents are to be received in the school office no later than Thursday, January 25, 2018.
● If applicable, Academic and/or Psychological evaluations are required for all students entering PreK to 8th grade.
● Complete recommendation forms from current school are required for all students applying to Kindergarten through 8th grade.
● St. Hugh Church parishioners are to include the parishioner number on their application.
● Non– St. Hugh parishioners must provide a letter from their parish prior to admission.
Monday, Feb. 19th
Tuesday, Feb. 20th
Wednesday, Feb. 21st
1:00 P.M. Dismissal
*After Care Available
Thursday Feb. 22nd
Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament 8:00 A.M.
Dr. Mallet Seminar 8:00 A.M.
Kindergarten field trip to the Frost Museum
2017 Division Champions | St. Brendan High School
Academic Olympics 1st Place
2017 Division Champions | Christopher Columbus Scholastic
Olympics 1st place
Student Council 2017-18
President: Andrea Altamirano
Vice President:Justin Aguiar
Secretary: Isabella McCartney
Treasurer: Olivia Samur
8th Grade Rep.: Jessica Abadin & George Ros
7th Grade Rep: Bruna Egea & Daniel Gonzalez
6th Grade Rep.: Carolina Alvarez & Sophia Janulionis
Event: K.L.E. VEX IQ Tournament
This past Saturday, September 30th a few select St. Hugh 8th grade students participated in the VEX IQ Challenge for Robotics. Our students did a wonderful job representing our school and ranked an average of 22 points within the competition. We are very proud of their effort.
Helene Lobree - 8th grade
Andrea Altamirano - 8th grade
Zackary Suarez - 8th grade
School tours are available by appointment once a month. If Interested, please e-mail Mrs.Perez at email@example.com to reserve an appointment.